Nashua, NH – November 9, 2010
– Imagine sending a text message or updating your Facebook page by just using your voice? Or being able to answer and screen calls with a simple voice command? Jabra, a world leader in innovative headset solutions, today announced a ground-breaking new Voice System with the Jabra STONE2
. Recently named an International CES Best of Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree, the Jabra STONE2 received the top score in the Wireless Handsets Accessories category for its engineering and innovative design. The Jabra STONE2 will be available for $129.99 at AT&T
* retail stores nationwide beginning November 21, 2010.
“The Jabra STONE has been a very successful product for us – both from a retail perspective through working with AT&T - as well as a consumer awareness perspective,” said Jonas Forsberg, General Manager North America, mobile division, GN Netcom, Inc. “We set out to create something so different and unique in look and design that it would appeal to all types of users. The STONE2 takes it one step further with an innovative Voice System, multimedia capabilities and optimization with a wide variety of voice enabled applications.”
The next generation of the hugely successful Jabra STONE, the STONE2 allows for truly hands-free communication while building on the success of its predecessor and featuring the same revolutionary design. The Jabra STONE2 is the first Bluetooth® headset that allows users to take calls further and easier. Innovative new features allow for easy, hands-free communication including an all-new:
- Make calls using the sound of your voice (For example, “Call Dad”)
- Answer an incoming call by simply saying “Answer”
- Reject a call by saying “Ignore”
Voice Enabled Applications
- Hear the name of an incoming caller through the headset (For example: “Mom Cell” or “David’s Work”), exactly how you have the caller programmed into your phone. If the caller’s number isn’t saved to your phone, the headset will read out the phone number.
- A “Connected” audio alert means the STONE2 is paired with your mobile device
- The STONE2 signals a “Low Battery” audio alert when it needs to be charged. Battery levels also appear on the iPhone® to avoid guessing when the headset battery is running low
- The STONE2 talks users through an easy set-up process of pairing the headset to a mobile or smart phone (including the iPhone)
Utilizing the Jabra World of Apps
, consumers can easily and quickly find applications that fit their lifestyle and make the most of their headset experience. With third-party hands-free apps that have been hand-selected and rigorously tested to work with the Jabra STONE2 and other Jabra products, the Portal includes a robust suite of voice-enabled apps allowing users to:
- Send text messages or emails using their voice
- Read email messages
- Update status on social networking sites including Facebook
- Notify users of missed calls
- Listen to customized music stations
- Find a business
- Get local traffic reports and updates
The Jabra STONE2 iPhone app provides consumers with not only a product introduction and overview but four “solution videos.” The videos highlight everyday situations where headsets and apps can improve your lifestyle, providing real-life examples so users can chose what is best for them.
Multimedia & More
Play music, watch videos, listen to podcasts and get directions from GPS applications with new multimedia streaming capabilities
“The Jabra STONE2 takes everything our customers found appealing about the original STONE – design, style, portability – and adds voice communication enhancements that truly allow a user to be hands-free,” said Michael Cowan, AT&T director of accessories, AT&T Mobility & Consumer Markets. “We are pleased to work with Jabra to expand and innovate our accessories portfolio.”
With a shape like no other headset on the market, the Jabra STONE2 elegantly wraps behind the ear eliminating the standard on-face microphone and combining both style and functionality. With a new and improved fit, the STONE2 includes a choice of four “comfort-tested” and ergo-designed ear gels to provide a personalized fit for different ear shapes and sizes. In addition, the wireless portable charger functions as a compact carrying case that fits into the palm of your hand – simply plug your headset into the charger and power-up whenever and wherever you want.
The Jabra STONE2 will be available at AT&T retail stores and Att.com
for a suggested retail price of $129 beginning November 21, 2010.
For more information on Jabra’s line of mobile products, visit shop.jabra.com
or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/jabra_us
. For an enhanced experience with Jabra products try one of the featured applications on www.jabra.com/apps
360 Public Relations for Jabra
360 Public Relations for Jabra
General Manager, North America: