Jabra USB Solutions Certified by Toshiba
IRVINE, Calif., and NASHUA, N.H., Jan. 18, 2012 — Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba — www.telecom.toshiba.com) and Jabra, a world leader in innovative headset solutions, today announced the certification of interoperability of Jabra hands-free audio devices with Toshiba’s SoftIPT® softphone and Toshiba’s desk phones that work with Toshiba’s IPedge™ and Strata® CIX™ IP business telephone systems. Toshiba and Jabra have offered integrated solutions together since 2007. This certification demonstrates Jabra’s and Toshiba’s continued commitment to work together to develop integrated unified communications solutions.
“We are committed to our relationship with Toshiba and its Authorized Toshiba Dealer network as is demonstrated with integration of our Jabra Audio devices with Toshiba’s business telephone systems,” said Pete Fox, president, Jabra North America. “With each generation of new products, we seek to meet the needs of the contact center and office headset markets by delivering improved design, functionality, and durability at cost-effective prices.”
“Jabra’s innovative and high-quality hands-free audio solutions for telephony users give users of Toshiba business telephone systems ergonomic headset solutions whether they are contact center agents, mobile workers, or stationary users,” said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. “With this strategic alliance, Authorized Toshiba Dealers can deliver a wide range of Jabra headsets to their end-user customers.”
Designed for a wide variety of users, Jabra headsets are ideal for contact center agents, mobile users and stationary users.
The following Jabra headsets have been certified as interoperable with Toshiba’s SoftIPT softphone and Call Manager™ applications:
- Jabra BIZ™ 1900 Series
- Optimized for the cost-conscious contact center, the Jabra BIZ 1900 Series features all of the essentials: a lightweight, sturdy design; a noise-cancelling microphone; and a plug-and-play USB solution.
- Jabra GN2000 Series
- Ideal for busy and noisy contact center environments that demand exceptional sound quality, the Jabra GN2000 Series comes with a noise-cancelling microphone and a robust design for day-after-day durability and large ear-cushions for extra comfort.
- Jabra GN2100 Series
- With both good looks and good sound, the Jabra GN2100 Series features a lightweight design and titanium-looking headband along with an optimal true wideband receiver for enhanced sound quality. The Jabra GN2100 Series also comes with a choice of boom arms and microphones for optimum voice quality, even in noisy environments.
- Jabra GN9300e Series
- Offering Wi-Fi-friendly, interference-free DECT technology, the Jabra GN 9300e Series features a noise-cancelling microphone and wind noise reduction along with enhanced sound and protection with DSP and IntelliTone™. With up to nine hours of talk time, three wearing styles (headband, earhook and neckband) and a wireless range up to 325 feet, the series is designed for all-day use. Products include the Jabra GN9330e and the Jabra GN9350e, which feature dual functionality for traditional and IP calls.
- Jabra GO™ 6400 Series
- A touch screen and touch sensors for easy call control and triple Multiuse connectivity make the Jabra GO 6400 Series easy to use with any type of phone — mobile, desk or softphone. The Jabra GO 6400 Series also features super sound and Noise Blackout™ technology, three wearing styles for greater comfort and is Unified Communications ready. Products include the Jabra GO 6430 and the Jabra GO 6470.
Jabra and Toshiba previously announced integration of Electronic Hookswitch Adapter to provide remote call control between Jabra Wireless headsets and a wide range of Toshiba IP and Digital Phones including:
- IP5000-series IP telephones
- IPT2000-series IP telephones
- DP5000-series digital telephones
- DKT3000-series digital telephones
- DKT2000-series digital telephones
Jabra is the brand of GN Netcom, a subsidiary of GN Store Nord A/S (GN) — listed on NASDAQ OMX. Jabra employs approximately 850 people worldwide and in 2010 produced an annual revenue which amounted to DKK 1,973 million. Jabra is a world leader in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of a broad range of hands-free communications solutions. With a reputation for innovation, reliability, and ease of use that goes back more than two decades, Jabra’s consumer and business divisions produce corded and wireless headsets, plus mobile and in-office speakerphones that empower individuals and businesses through increased freedom of movement, comfort, and functionality.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation.
Toshiba is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion). Visit Toshiba's Web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
# # #
© 2012 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
© GN Netcom A/S. All rights reserved. Jabra © is a registered trademark of GN Netcom A/S. All other trademarks included herein are the property of their respective owners.
Teri Sawyer John LeRoy
T&Co. PR 360 Public Relations for Jabra